The “Changing the Face of Fashion” Contest is created by The World Fashion Council (WFC) and marketed by BLADI Media Group (BMG), having its registered office at Herengracht 216, 1016 BS, Amsterdam, with the numbers +31 (0) 20 770 75 49.
The CTFOF Designer Contest is a competition for young and aspiring designers.
The Applicants will have the option to apply vía the online form on www.ctfof.com , where they will be asked about their vision, inspiration, brand, etc.
Our mission with this contest is to spread the message of the World Fashion Council with supporting young designers, to actually Change the Face of Fashion.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION & ELIGIBILITY
- Everyone can participate in the contest, regardless of his/her nationality, status and professional situation.
- Participants must be aged at least 18 years old on January 1st, 2019.
- Participants must present a fashion collection of six (06) looks of their own creation.
- Eligible are fashion designers who are not have being in business longer than two years on January 1st, 2020.
- The participants are not permitted to have sold their own collection to date. However, the exclusively private distribution of their collection up to the present time, i.e. through studio sales, connected showroom or similar, does not preclude them from participation.
- Participants are excluded from participating in the competition if it is determined that they manage an own sales agency or external sales channel.
- This is also true if the presented collection items have already been listed in retail outlets.
- Only women’s wear and men’s wear collections shall be taken into account in the competition.
- Each applicant may only submit one collection.
- The collection to be displayed on the show day at the International Fashion Week Amsterdam in March 2020 must not have been previously shown in other competitions and the scope of the collection shall include at least six complete outfits.
- A single application may be submitted per person. Design teams are considered a single candidate.
- The following are ineligible to take part: members of the jury, their close family in addition to employees and managers of the professional organisations partnering the event.
- Applicants are responsible for securing all necessary travel documents for him/herself , as well as all necessary customs documentation or carnet for bringing garments and accessories info the country. However we will provide an official letter of participation and invitation to attend the event, which may be used to help secure proper travel documentation. We cannot guarantee visa issuance.
Step1: Applicants must obligatory complete the application form and supply a certain amount of information concerning their project:
- Name, brand/label name, email, date of birth, address, phone number.
- Website, Facebook, Instagram.
- Description of yourself and your collection.
- A few questions about your relationship with the fashion world.
- Look book of recent work.
- A mood board which describe your drawings/pictures.
- Portrait photo (One).
- Business logo (Vector format)
- CV and a motivation letter.
Step2:Video: Applicants that will pass the form cut will continue to the second round, and will need to shoot a short creative video where they show their collection, talk about inspiration and brand, culture, etc.
- Duration of one minute maximum.
- Applicants that will pass the creative video cut will move to the final cut, where the BMG will start promoting them on its social media accounts. Its social media followers will also have part of the final decision on the winner.
Step3: This is the final round where the 10 finalists selected from the previous rounds, will compete for the first place.
Applicants can find the application form and the competition rules via Changing the Face of Fashion website (www.ctfof.com). For more information Applicants can contact the organisers at email@example.com.
- The application can only be submitted via the form on the website www.ctfof.com .
- Any incomplete application form or any form not received by the closing date can be rejected.
- Complete applications meeting the criteria set down in the rules will be examined at the pre-jury screening session which will shortlist of semi-finalists.
The criteria for the selection of the Applicants by the Jury will include but not limited to:
- The fashion aspect of the product.
- The original and novel nature of the product.
- The quality of the project preparation work.
- The quality of the products presented, and the visual material.
- The uniqueness of the idea.
At any stage of the competition, we reserve the right to ask for any information regarding the collections, materials and everything related to the creation of the garments.
- The Jury, will be comprised of opinion leaders and key players in the fashion sector: designers, influencers, journalists from the fashion and professional press, and specialists in entrepreneurship, etc.
- The jury reserves the right not to award prizes if it considers that the quality of the projects is insufficient.
- The decision of the pre-jury session and the Jury are firm and final. No complaints claims will be considered as a result and decisions are not appealable by the Applicants.
– 1st prize:
- A show spot at International Fashion Weeks Amsterdam 2020, valued in €6,000 .
- PR Marketing and Branding support for one year at BLADI Media Group, valued in €15,000
- Flight ticket and accommodation to Amsterdam, to attend INTERNATIONAL Fashion Weeks Amsterdam 2020
The various elements making up each prize may not be disassociated. They must be accepted in total.
The only person who can benefit from the prizes is the applicant himself/herself.
- The first stage of the contest, the application form: April 15th, 2019 – July 15th, 2019
- Preselection first round: July 25th, 2019
- The second stage of the contest, the Video: July 25th, 2019 – September 15th, 2019
- Selection of the 10 finalists: October 1st, 2019
- Announcement of the winner: December 5th, 2019
- International Fashion Week Amsterdam: March 12-15th, 2020
The technical content of the application forms and the details of the Jury’s deliberations will remain confidential. The organisers reserve the right to circulate information concerning the selected companies (quotations from the companies, a presentation of their work, pictures, etc.) during events related to the competition, subject to compliance with the provisions of the previous point.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS 
Each applicant authorises the competition organisers and all partners to refer to their names, distinctive markings and projects for press relations, public relations and communication purposes.
Similarly, each applicant declares that she/he is the holder of the intellectual property rights concerning the project presented for the competition, so the competition organisers may not be pursued, troubled or implicated regarding such matters.
The applicants authorise BMG and its partners to use the image and video rights of his/her person (in particular, but not limited to, photo and video material related to the fitting and shootings, collection previews, the award show and all dates/events associated with the competition) and to citations of the same, as well as all other related rights for the purpose of all activities connected to the competition, in particular the related reports, documentaries, public relations and advertising in any form whatsoever. The participant grants BMG the rights to all types of utilisation, in particular the rights to the photographic, cinematic and printed use of the image and video rights of his/her person in both commercial and non-commercial way. BMG is entitled to grant their partners and sponsors the use of the aforementioned image and video material for PR purposes in connection with the competition CTFOF.
Participation in the competition and the submission of an application implies full and unreserved acceptance of these rules. Applicants agree to participate in all public relations and press relations operations concerning the competition. The absence of an applicant, without real and serious grounds, may result in the applicant’s disqualification. In case of irregularities in the event or breaking these rules, the Jury reserves the possibility to withdraw the prize awarded to the prize-winner. Applicants agree to reply to all requests for information from the Jury and to attend interviews organised by the Jury and BMG.
BMG shall not accept liability for the submitted drawings and collections. Submissions that violate the law, in particular breaches of criminal law, copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights, privacy rights or other rights of third parties, may not be displayed. The participant thus confirms that he/she has all the rights to the submitted collection, the show collection and the corresponding drawings, that these are not restricted and that the collections (application and show collection) and the corresponding drawings are free of rights of third parties. In this respect, the participants shall hold the organizers harmless of any third party claims. In addition, the participant assures that the presented collection has not been shown in any other competition. The participant confirms this additionally in writing by signing an affidavit.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, and to shorten, extend or even cancel the CTFOF competition if circumstances require this. The organisers will bear no liability as a result.
To handle the competition, the personal data of the participant will be processed and stored electronically. The data collected as part of the competition shall be used exclusively for the competition CTFOF. All data recorded in connection with the competition may be collected and stored only by BMG.
The participant is entitled to withdraw at any time, with effect for the future, his/her consent to the storage and processing of his/her personal data, which will lead to exclusion from participation in the competition. In case of any questions or requests concerning data protection, the participants should apply in writing or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMG is responsible for processing this Information.
The applicable rules may differ, depending on whether they involve Information from a Website User or an applicant for the contest, as these terms are defined in this document. BMG may also collect and process the following Information: (I) information on the identity of the User (title, last and first names, address, place and date of birth, nationality), (II) photographs or pictures of the User, (III) Information from tracking the company relationship with the User; particularly correspondence, exchanges, and comments made by e-mail or through the Website; subscription requests for e-newsletters; records of access to, use of, and changes of Information on the User’s public profile on the Website, (IV) technical data, such as the IP address of the Internet connection from which the User logs onto the Website.
The purposes of processing User Data are (I) communication with Users, including through e-newsletters, (II) reviewing the potential candidates suggested by Users, (III) creating a record of company relationships with all Users, (IV) preparing participation statistics, (V) promoting the contest and BMG, including reporting User Data to the public, and (VI) organising other promotional or BMG-sponsored events and activities, especially the new editions of the contest.
The Users expressly consent to BMG electronically collecting and processing Personal Data that is gathered through the Website. Data on Applicants that BMG collects and processes is (I) information on their identity (title, last and first names, address, fixed and/or mobile telephone number, fax number, email address, place and date of birth, nationality), (II) photographs or pictures of them, (III) Information from tracking the company relationship with the Applicants; particularly correspondence, exchanges, and comments made by e-mail or through the Website; subscription requests for e-newsletters; records of their access to, use of, and Information changes on, their public profiles on the Website, (IV) technical information, such as the IP address of the Internet connections from which Applicants log onto the Website; as well as the information stored on their terminal equipment.
The purposes of processing Applicants Information are (I) communication with all Applicants, including through e-newsletters, (II) introducing Applicants to the public, (III) reviewing their participation, (IV) selecting the Finalists and the Winner for the contest, (V) tracking relationships with all Applicants, (VI) preparing participation statistics, (VII) promoting the Contest and BMG, including announcing information on the Finalists, and the Winner to the public, as well as (VIII) planning by BMG of other promotional or sponsored events and activities.
The applicant expressly agrees that BMG may electronically collect and process Personal Data collected through the Website.
Those receiving the Information are: (I) within BMG, the departments responsible for communication, tracking the relationships with Users and Applicants; the members of the Jury; the individuals responsible for the marketing, commercial, administrative, as well as their immediate superiors; (II) BMG partners acting under the company’s express direction; and (III) subsidiaries of BMG and the other companies in the BMG Group.
Some above-mentioned recipients may be located outside the European Union, in particular the members of the Jury. BMG may disclose Data to those recipients, in compliance with the aforementioned purposes. The User gives his / her express consent to this disclose of Data and acknowledges that BMG is therefore authorised to proceed to such disclosure.
BMG will store this Information for three (3) years from the date the relationship with the individual ends, i.e. the date of the last contact made by the User or Applicant.
However, if Personal data establish proof of a right or contract, or if it is being stored to meet a legal requirement, or if a judicial authority has required that it be stored, this Information shall be stored for the time set forth in the current applicable legal and regulatory provisions, knowing that this period may, in such case, be longer than three (3) years.
Users who can establish their identity may also request that, as applicable, the following types of personal data to be corrected, completed, updated, locked, or erased: information that is inaccurate, incomplete, incorrect, or outdated; or data that may not legally be collected, used, reported, or stored.
Users may exercise these rights by sending to BMG an email at the following address: email@example.com or a mail to the following address: Herengracht 216, 1016 BS, Amsterdam.
: The company reserves the right to accept any participant under the age of 18 if it is considered that the quality of the idea is good enough to participate.
: When you upload, submit, send or receive content to or through our application, you give BLADI Media Group (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, communicate, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this application are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even after the contest (for example, publicity for a new contest). Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
All elements of the Website (photographs, pictures of people, drawings, styles, illustrations, videos, audio recordings, texts, logos, trademarks, etc.) are the exclusive property of BMG; or, if applicable, BMG holds the intellectual property rights for promoting them.